GBA Social Media Policy
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Social Media Acceptable Use Policy
The GBA Board welcomes all comments on social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter. We want to hear from fans about what they love about baseball, the athletes, and achievements.
You are welcome to express your views, comments, ideas, insights and criticisms about the GBA.
At the same time, you should show courtesy and respect to others and must not use social media channels to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content or for any illegal purpose.
When using social media channels and discussing activities associated with the GBA, please ensure that you:
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your posts to social media channels (for example, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- Represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
- Are not abusive and do not harass or threaten others;
- Do not make defamatory or libellous comments;
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- Do not use obscene or offensive language;
- Do not post material to social media channels that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- Do not post multiple versions of the same view to the social media channels or make excessive postings on a particular issue;
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts to social media channels;
- Do not include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your post to social media channels; and
- If you make an error, be up front about your mistake and correct it quickly. If you choose to modify an earlier post, make it clear that you have done so.
The GBA Board reserves the right to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy at its discretion. The GBA Board or its authorised officers may remove or request removal of any posted messages that it considers to be in breach of this Policy. The GBA Board also reserves the right to investigate any posted messages that are against this Policy and level appropriate penalties if needed including suspensions and/or fines against individuals, clubs or associations. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the GBAs Executive Officer
Social media privacy statement
The GBA may record any information posted to one of our social media channels (including Facebook and Twitter) and may use that information for the purpose of administering its social media channels and considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify users of social media channels except where authorised by law. The GBA Board and its authorised officers are not responsible for the privacy practices or content included on social media channels or any linked websites.